1. What is so special or different about the CIBP™ Program?
- The Chartered Investment Banking Professional (CIBP™) helps finance professionals align and upgrade their understanding, competence and qualification to what the best investment bankers have today.
- It is an ideal international qualification to have for graduating finance students, who want to demonstrate their readiness for the most complex roles in the ruthlessly challenging global Investment Banks .
2. How would the CIBP™ Program Benefit Me?
- CIBP™ Program is a recognition of your competence in Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing, a must for the best jobs in the market today.
- CIBP™ Program proves you have confirmed baseline level knowledge of Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing benchmarked to the world's most respected Investment Banking standards the IBCA-IBANX™.
- CIBP™ Program helps you stand apart from the rest of the Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing applicants and peers because of its global recognition and respect.
3. What should I do to leverage my CIBP™ Program best for my professional career?
- Start writing your credential-designation after your full name everywhere in all your official communication and professional identification documents like email signature, business cards, social media profile. Example: Ellie Watson, MBA, CIBP™
- In all online, digital communication, also include a link to your CIBP™ Digital Badge, below your name and CIBP™ designation, so that people can click and actually verify your qualification. Include the Digital badge in your CV as well.
- Add the designation in your CV along with the CIBP™ right at the top, alongside your name.
- Do not forget to add the CIBP™ and the digital badge in your LinkedIn and other profiles on social media.
- Find ways to display a copy of your CIBP™ certificate in your workspace somewhere.
- Wear your designation pin to work every day, and also to professional meetings, seminars, events etc.
- Get yourself photographed with your CIBP™ credential kit, and find ways to display this photo as a profile picture or a cover picture occasionally on your social media accounts.
- Write blogs on Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity, bond or derivatives financing and career platforms on your program experience, to let people in your network know how special it is.
- Stay connected to the community of CIBP™ professionals to stay abreast of the new and the happening.
- Never allow your CIBP™ program to lapse. Stay alert about getting your renewals or upgrades done well before your CIBP™ program expires.
4. How can I display CIBP™ qualification on my business card?
- First, please check your company’s branding guidelines and confirm if you can use a 3rd party qualification on your business card. Many employer organizations do not permit this.
- Also check if your organization permits 4-color printing of business cards.
- If your company does not permit 4-color printing on business cards, you may not be able to use CIBP™, because IBCA brand guidelines stipulate full color reproduction only.
- If you are allowed to use CIBP™ on your business card and 4-color printing is also a standard in your organization, you can go ahead and put the qualification as indicated below. The qualification should be minimum of the dimensions: 0.32inches(width) X 0.34 inches(height)
- For optimal print quality, please use the jpg file of the qualification at the size provided, or provide the eps file directly to your business card designer/printer.
- If you are not allowed to use any logos on your business card, you can still mention your CIBP™-designation with your name as indicated here below:
5. How can I display the CIBP™ qualification in my official email signature?
- First, please check your company’s branding guidelines and confirm if you can use a qualification on your email signature. Many employer organizations do not permit this.
- If you are allowed to use the CIBP™ qualification in your official email signature, you can go ahead and put it as indicated below. It should be minimum of the dimensions: 0.32inches(width) X 0.34 inches(height)
- If you are not allowed to use any 3rd party logos in your official email signature, you can still mention your CIBP™ designation with your name as indicated here below:
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
7. What is the procedure used by IBCA to audit application forms?
The submission of an application indicates your agreement to comply with the terms of the audit process. All applications are subject to an audit, although only a percentage of applications are selected for audit. The selection of an application for audit is random. You may be required to submit documents of the required professional work experience and/or educational degrees officially. The electronic audit notification provides detailed information on how to comply with the terms of the audit. Please download and fill the ‘Candidature Review Form’ and email it at along with the additional documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What should you do if your candidature is disapproved on eligibility grounds?
In response to our disapproval of applicant’s candidature on eligibility grounds, applicant must fill in the ‘Exam Candidacy Reconsideration Request Form’ for reconsidering the eligibility for any CIBP™ exam. Along with this form, the candidate must submit a letter stating the exact reason for reconsideration. The form and the letter must be submitted together within 5 working days after candidature disapproval notification. Attach the required documents along with the form and email it to email@example.com
9. How do I apply for the CIBP™ program?
Visit IBCAs’ official website www.investmentbankingcouncil.org
- Create a myIBCA acccount.
- Select CIBP™ program.
- Complete the application form with your name and Email ID.
Note: This Email ID will be used for all further communication with IBCA.
- Click on create account. Here myIBCA gets created.
- Now you have to fill in the entire application form for the exam which includes details like DOB, Education history, Work Experience, Billing Address etc.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and Submit the application.
- Now you will be redirected to our payment gateway. Make the payment and your application will be successfully submitted and you will be greeted with myIBCA dashboard.
- Receive IBCA learning resources at your registered address.
- The exam window for you shall open after 120 days of the date on which you paid the fee for your CIBP™ program.
- Check your mailbox for a IBCA support email informing you about the opening of exam scheduling window for your CIBP™ program.
- Click here to request us for opening your exam window, if it is already 120 days after your payment, and you have not received a link for exam scheduling.
- Click here if you already have the exam scheduling link, and you want to register for your CIBP™ exam.
- Once your exam date is scheduled, you’ll receive a confirmation email with registration information as well as additional information that you may need to provide at the time of taking your CIBP™ exam. Make sure to store this information in a safe place. Certain information that you provide during the registration process, such as your email address, will be required to sign in to your account once you’ve passed your exam.
Note**Payment can be made with a Visa, American Express or MasterCard credit card. The payment amount will be automatically prompted by the system according to the selected program.
10. Do I have to complete the application form in one go?
Yes, you have to completely fill and submit the application form in one go and there is no option to save the half-filled application form.
11. From the day of payment till when can I schedule my exam?
From the day of payment, IBCA earmarks a 120 days immersion period for candidates to help them orient completely and build their conceptual foundations in Investment Banking . You can schedule CIBP™ exam after the 120 days immersion period is over. In fact, you also get an additional 245 days to plan for and take your CIBP™ exam. If you are not able to take the exam in 365 days exam window, you can reschedule your exam by paying a nominal fee of USD 100.
12. In what formats, will I receive the study material?
All candidates of the CIBP™ program get a printed learning resources containing the IBCA Investment Banking Handbook. This is the flagship learning and exam preparation resource containing exclusive content written for easy comprehension of CIBP™ participants, covering all aspects of Investment Banking thinking, design, analysis and execution. It also includes an e-Copy of the Exam Preparation Guidelines.
13. Do I need to pay extra for study material?
The candidate does not have to pay any additional amount for CIBP™ Learning Resources.
Examinations - Summary
|How to Register & Pay Fee
||Register on IBCA website at www.investmentbankingcouncil.org
|Duration of a typical Examination
|Where can the exam be taken
||All exams are completely online and digitally proctored. You can take the exam anywhere, even at home or in your office. You'll need your computer ExamStrong™ compliant prior to taking the exam.
|Mode of Examination
|Total number of questions
|Type of Questions
|Standard Qualification benchmark for credential award
||65% correct answers; though awards will actually be decided using an algorithm that accounts into scaling, relative scoring, and degree of difficulty parameters
|Fee for the Examination
(in US Dollars; Valid through 31st December 2021)
IBCA Examinations - System Requirements
Windows 10 Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
1024 x 768 [Recommended]
Strongly recommend using a wired network rather than a wireless network as it provides better exam delivery performance
Internet Connection Speed
Minimum 1 Mbps
Latest Version of Google Chrome Only
Internal or an External Webcam must connected to the computer
Corporate Firewalls (including VPNs) often cause this Exam Delivery method to fail. Please take your Exam in a setting without these Firewalls
Should have Admin Rights on your Laptop/Computer
14. How long does it take to complete the CIBP™ program?
The results can be seen immediately after a candidate successfully completes and submits the exam. Successful candidates will receive a printed certificate which will be mailed to the mailing address, as mentioned in the applicant’s profile. Please note that the packet will be shipped within three to four weeks. For more information, visit www.investmentbankingcouncil.org.
15. Can I take my CIBP™ exam using my own system?
In most parts of the world, however, CIBP™ exams are real-time proctored, and delivered in the private mode keeping the convenience of examinees in mind. Which means you can now take your CIBP™ exam in the convenience of your personal spaces – like your home or your office – after getting your computer machine and exam room ExamStrong™ verified for exam readiness.
16. What is the format of the Examination?
The CIBP™ exam is completely digital/ online and handled by Examstrong™ specializing in exam deliveries for prestigious international standards bodies, universities, training organizations, corporates and government agencies.
For more information, kindly visit www.investmentbankingcouncil.org/investment-banking-examinations.
17. When will my CIBP™program expire?
EXAM DAY REQUIREMENTS
18. Is there a definite code of conduct policy?
IBCA has a ‘zero-tolerance’ policy for any misconduct in its ecosystem. During examination, the test manager (or proctor) has all rights to dismiss a candidate from the exam session for any of the following reasons:
- Causing any disturbance during the exam session
- Giving or taking any assistance to or from anybody
- Using digital assistants, notes, books, wristwatch calculators, electronic dictionaries or other aids/devices
- Using electronic devices, such as mobile phones
- Trying to remove any type of scratch paper during the examination
- Trying to mess with the computer
- Trying to relocate during the exam from your computer/system
- Trying to remove questions (in any format) during the examination
- Not obeying the directions given by the test manager (or proctor) or remote-proctor
- Sharing the content of the exam with others
Please be informed that IBCA will take legal action against anybody who violates copyright laws such as reproducing and distributing examination content or materials. The data bank of questions, the exam form and all exam-related materials have copyrights and are the legal property of IBCA.
Any communication – be it verbal, written or electronic, is strictly prohibited. Any such act will be punishable by law.
Please note that, if any examinee is caught in any of the above forms of misconduct, there will be no evaluation of their exam and no refund of their fees. Also, there will be a six-month bar to retake the exam. Furthermore, IBCA shall review the acts of misconduct, which may lead to:
- The cancellation of the examinee's prior or present exam scores
- The revocation of the examinee's CIBP™ program
19. What IDs are accepted?
The examinee must carry two valid forms of ID from the list below. Please note that both IDs can either be primary IDs or one primary and one secondary ID.
The primary ID must be an original and valid ID, containing both, the examinee’s photo, and signature.
- Government issued driver’s license
- Military ID
- State/Country ID card
- Employee/School ID
The secondary ID must be an original and valid ID, containing the examinee’s name and signature, or the examinee’s name and a recent photo.
Please Note: All IDs required must be issued by the country in which the candidate is testing. If the candidate does not have a qualifying primary ID issued from the country they are testing in, an International Travel Passport from their country of citizenship is required, along with a secondary ID.
The first and last name that the candidate uses to register must match exactly the first and last name on both of the IDs that are presented on test day.
20. What is the duration of the exam?
CIBP™ exam is a computer based exam, please find below the duration of each exam.
Please click here for more details.
21. How many questions are there in an exam?
CIBP™ exam is a multiple choice based examination. Each question has four choices, with one or more options being the correct answer. The applicant need not answer every question before moving to the next. The applicant can always review or return or alter the answers of previously answered questions. Therefore, make sure that the answers to each questions are properly reviewed before submitting the exam.
|No. of Questions
Please click here for more details.
22. Can I carry my electronic devices (like mobile phones, digital watches, calculator, etc.) during the examination?
The candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic devices during the examination. The candidates are not allowed to use any electronic devices during the examination. Please visit our examinee conduct policy, to know more.
23. Are we allowed to take breaks between the exams?
There is no provision of a break, and the exam has to be taken in one go.
24. At what time should I start the exam application?
It is suggested that you should start the exam application at least 30 minutes in advance of the scheduled exam-start time to ensure that the computer being used for exam is thoroughly checked, verified and approved for exam-taking by a designated IBCA -authorized testing body.
25. How much do I need to score to clear the exam?
In order to clear the exam, the candidate needs to score 65% or higher cumulatively.
26. When can I expect to get my result?
The results can be viewed immediately after submitting the online test. You will also receive an intimation through email stating the result of the exam. If you pass the exam, an official certificate kit will be issued to you.
27. What if I am not able to clear my CIBP™ exam in the first (1st) attempt?
In the event that examinees fail their first (1st) attempt to pass their CIBP™ exam, they shall be required to pay a nominal fee of USD 50 from myIBCA account to reappear for the exam.
28. How will I receive my results?
The results can be viewed immediately after submitting the online test. You will also receive an email stating the result of the exam. If you pass the exam, an official credential kit will be issued along with the printed copy of the result.
29. How do I maintain my CIBP™ program?
Renewal is mandatory to keep your CIBP™ live and current. You are required to renew your program before the Standard renewal deadline. When you renew, you show your continuing competence and commitment to the profession. IBCA will send you reminder emails for renewal of your program, wherein you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into myIBCA and register for renewal. In order to receive email reminders from IBCA, please make sure to keep your email address current. Please note that training is not mandatory for renewal and you only have to register and complete a short–duration online refresher learning program as per the latest Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing IBCA-IBANX™.
30. How will keeping my credential active benefit me professionally?
Keeping your credential active can benefit you in the following ways
- It helps you to stay relevant in the field.
- It helps you stay abreast of all industry updates from some-top-of-the-line publications
- You can get the opportunity to network with Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing professionals across the world and share with them best practices, proven methodologies and many more.
- You can enjoy discounts on events or conferences and many more
31. When can I submit my renewal application?
IBCA will send you reminder emails for renewal of your program, wherein you simply have to click the links mentioned in these communications, or log into you’re IBCA account and register for renewal. In order to receive email reminders from IBCA, please make sure to keep your email address current. Please note that training is not mandatory for renewal and you only have to register and complete a short–duration online refresher learning program as per the as per the latest Advisory; underwriting; M&A or equity-, bond- or derivatives financing IBCA-IBANX™.
32. My program validity has expired but I have to renew, what should I do?
IBCA programs have a convenience period (grace period) for renewal and also have provisions for reactivation and revival. Kindly visit www.investmentbankingcouncil.org for more details on our policies.
33. How can I check my renewal dates?
Applicant needs to log on to his myIBCA at www.investmentbankingcouncil.org and can find the required dates in the upcoming calendar section.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
34. When will I get an invoice for my program fee?
The invoice is generated immediately after the payment is realized and can be downloaded easily from myIBCA dashboard.
35. What are the modes of fee-payments available?
Payments can be made via debit or credit cards. We accept a range of cards including Visa, American Express, Master card among others. Payment for company-sponsored applicants can be done via electronic checks or wire transfers, and further information may be sought by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
36. What is the refund policy in case I wish to withdraw ?
The full fee paid by an applicant minus USD 80 of processing charges is refunded if the withdrawal application arrives within 24 hours from payment. For withdrawal requests beyond 24 hours the fee paid will not be refunded.
37. Do I have to pay fee again if I cancel an exam I scheduled?
Yes. Examinees cancelling their exams or those who failed in the earlier attempt and want to re-take the exam have to pay a nominal fee of USD 50. Also, missing a pre-scheduled exam for any reason will result in the forfeiture of your fee, and the refund clause will not be applicable here.
38. In case of payment failure whom do I need to contact?
In case of payment failure due to problems arising on IBCA payment gateway or IBCA application system or IBCA website, immediately write to email@example.com In case the problem is on the side of your banker or credit card issuer, please contact their respective customer care immediately for an effective resolution.
39. Can I pay the fee in installments?
No. Payments have to be made in a single installment.
40. What is Digital Badging?
Digital badges are an assessment and credentialing mechanism that is housed and managed online and could appear as icons on a web page, social media platform, or other online venues. It is awarded by institutions, organizations, or groups, signifying accomplishment. Badges are designed to make visible and validate learning in both formal and informal settings, which can be verified by employers and colleagues.
41. How does it work?
Each badge is embedded with evidence of where, when, how, and why it was earned. It is a form of digital certificate that earners can share on social networks, resumes and e-mail signatures.
- Digital badges could be posted at multiple places, it can also be embedded in virtual media, like LinkedIn, e-mail signatures, or other social media profiles.
- Digital badges once shared, can be clicked to reveal data which validates your achievement.
- The Digital badges can be reviewed by employers, licensing boards, and colleagues.
42. What are its benefits?
IBCA digital badging services provide you a way to effectively convey your verified knowledge and expertise to employers, colleagues and recruiters after successful completion of the CIBP™ program and renewal programs.
- Digital badging provides an easy way of verification as compared to traditional methods as paper certificates which cannot be readily verified or shared online.
- Digital credentials, often called badges, act as a means to reliably recognize professional achievements.
- A digital badge allows earners to have 24/7 access to a verifiable and current record of your accomplishment that they can share with whomever they choose on social networks, resumes, e-mail signatures and websites.
43. Do I have to pay extra for my badge?
No, program fee includes the Digital Badge.
44. How do I share my digital badge?
Each digital badge has a unique URL that can be embedded on a website or social media channel.
45. How will my CIBP™ learning resources be shipped?
Our logistics are handled by IBCA Logistics and they ship your CIBP™ learning resources via one of the leading global carrier. For more details about your shipment, you can write to IBCA Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
46. How will I receive the tracking details about my CIBP™ learning resources?
IBCA Logistics shall provide to you the tracking details of your CIBP™ learning resources once it is shipped. In case you have still not received your tracking details, please write to IBCA Logistics at email@example.com.
47. How can I track my CIBP™ learning resources?
Once your CIBP™ learning resources are shipped, you will receive an email from IBCA Logistics team wherein, all the tracking details like address shipped to, carrier name, tracking number and shipment date will be provided. You can refer to the tracking details and track your IBCA Resource Box.
48. I have received an email saying that my CIBP™ learning resources have been delivered, but I haven’t received the same?
In such a case we request you to please refer to the tracking details provided by IBCA Logistics and lodge a complaint with the carrier which was supposed to deliver your CIBP™ learning resources. Simultaneously, please write to IBCA Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note**IBCA Logistics shall also provide on request, a documentary Proof of Delivery provided by the shipper after it completes the delivery to your shipping address, and this Proof of Delivery shall be the only document accepted by IBCA to confirm the delivery. We regret in advance that once Proof of Delivery of a shipment is made available, we are unable to entertain or accept any complaint by you.
49. My CIBP™ learning resources have been delivered to an incorrect address; what should I do now?
In case your CIBP™ learning resources have been delivered to an incorrect address, please lodge a complaint with the carrier using the tracking details provided by IBCA Logistics. In case you have any further query you can write to IBCA Logistics at email@example.com.
50. What if my CIBP™ learning resources are delivered at my address but I am not present to receive it?
Your CIBP™ learning resources can be delivered even when you are not present at the time of delivery only after the shipper verifies the address, once the shipper has verified the address only then your CIBP™ learning resources can be delivered. For any further delivery related query please write to IBCA Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
51. Can I change my shipping/mailing address once I have paid the program fee?
No, you will not be able to change your shipping/mailing address after you have paid the program fee. So, please make sure that you provide us with the right address to avoid any hassle at the time of delivery of your CIBP™ learning resources. For any further queries, please write to us at email@example.com
52. Can I reschedule the date of delivery of my CIBP™ learning resources?
You need to refer to the shipping details and contact your carrier to reschedule your date of delivery.
53. What can be done if I have received the damaged or wrong set of books in my CIBP™ learning resources?
If you have received the wrong set or damaged books in your CIBP™ learning resources please write to IBCA Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receipt of your shipment. We shall not be able to entertain or accept any complaint by you after that
54. Can I get a new unit of CIBP™ learning resources?
A new unit is chargeable and can be issued only after a prior approval from IBCA. In case you want us to issue a new unit of CIBP™ learning resources please write to us at email@example.com
55. Will I have to pay any additional tax or duty?
All export/import duties and other levies, if any, in your country are to be borne by you, and you also hold the responsibility of clearance of the CIBP™ learning resources consignment.
Note**IBCA or its partners/representatives will not be responsible for any delays due to delivery carrier factors, weather, natural calamities, international customs regulations, holidays, customer error, or any other unforeseen events beyond the control of the shipper.
56. My order has already been shipped; can I cancel it now?
No once the order has been placed it cannot be cancelled.
57. What is the process to change my name on the certificate?
If you want to change your name on the certificate, you will need to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the required supporting documents. A fee of USD 50 will have to be paid for the processing of your request. You will also have to pay USD 100 for an additional certificate with the new name on.
58. Would you inform my employer of the successful completion of my CIBP™ exam?
If you wish to inform your employer about the achievement, you will have to initiate a service request from your myIBCA dashboard. It will then be IBCAs’ responsibility to inform the employer about applicant’s achievement.
59. What is the procedure to issue duplicate certificate?
In case you lose your certificate and require a duplicate certificate a service request needs to be generated from your myIBCA dashboard. An additional fee of US $100 will have to be incurred by you.
60. What is the process to cancel my exam?
If you wish to cancel your exam, you should login into your myIBCA 72 hours prior to your scheduled examination. Cancelling an exam or missing your exam will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee, without recourse. For more details please click here and go through our cancellation policy.
61. What if I have canceled my exam due to some reason, but want to reapply for it now?
If an examine voluntarily cancels the scheduled examination appointment; he/she can immediately reapply from the myIBCA dashboard by paying a nominal fee of USD 50.
62. Is there a way to reschedule my examination?
If you wish to reschedule your exam without paying any extra fees, you must login to you myIBCA account 72 hours prior to your scheduled examination. For more details on rescheduling your exam please click here.
63. What if I miss my scheduled appointment (No Show)?
There can be certain unavoidable circumstances due to which you are unable to appear for the examination, in such a case your appointment is declared as a no show. For more information on our no show policy click here.
64. What emergency scenarios are covered under the No Show policy?
If you miss a scheduled exam because of an emergency, feel free to directly contact IBCA at email@example.com
Below are the acceptable reasons for missing your scheduled exam:
- If you or your immediate family member* is suffering from serious illness
- If death occurs to immediate family members
- If you are summoned by the court or are on jury duty
Immediate family members here refer to:
If you miss an exam for any of the above-mentioned reasons, you are required to contact IBCA on firstname.lastname@example.org. An incident number will be provided to you to send the necessary documentation required by IBCA. Once the required documents are submitted, the request will be thoroughly reviewed and the decision will be taken accordingly by the candidate review committee. You will further be intimated on the result of your request.
Please be informed on the documents that are accepted against the reason of emergency:
- In case of illness/accidents, please provide a letter or a certificate from a certified doctor on the letterhead that includes title, address and phone number
- In case of death, please submit notice or certificate of death from hospital or government agencies.
**Please note that the program fee is non-refundable. However, if the case is not listed under our no-show policies, an additional fee of USD 50 will be charged to reapply.